Monday, July 25, 2016

The New Neighbour

It seemed that the fellow she was looking at didn't mind her fancying him. She watched him stand there, watering his plants, somehow a mellow enough fellow for her to fancy. It seemed that in this new neighbourhood she could find some fine pleasures, actually, she thought fro herself as she watched him walk in his garden and smile for himself. Little did she know that this fellow neighbor to her was not a man but a woman who fancied being seen as a man because this would make her seem innocent of being the whore that was apparently the man's sister.

Sheila watched as her neighbor put away the ewer he had used for watering. As she was doing it, he smiled upwards towards the window where Sheila was standing. Looking at him, she smiled back, unsuspecting of that the “man” she watched actually smiled over that she perhaps fancied her as a man. ...

Two days later, Sheila saw the woman who that man really was. This time she was being vulgar and talking to a fellow who seemed to pay her for something. The guy she spoke to was leaving the hose where she seemed to live with her - was it half-brother, Sheila asked herself.

When the man who was paying had left, the neighbor glanced up at Sheila, who was staring at her. There seemed to be a small concern for this woman to see herself as unfitting for the neighbourhood, and thus perhaps, Sheila imagined, she would apologize to her relative, who was the man actually living there. As the neighbor closed the door behind her, Sheila somehow got the impression that she was visiting and would be off fairly soon to her own place.

A week passed, and a few days upon that. It was Saturday, and Sheila again saw the neighbor watering his plants. This time she took the courage to walk downstairs an say hello to him.

He smiled politely. “Hi!” he said back.

Sheila looked at him and asked: “Who was that woman I saw here, apparently getting paid by someone? She seemingly was getting paid for something! Was it your half-sister?”

“Yeah! That's my sister coming here to visit now and then! I'm not sure if she has some business going on with the men down at the harbor!”

“Why do you find it to be here that she should close her business deals?!”

“It's because she doesn't seem to be able to fancy herself as a business woman unless she's at her parents place - that is my place nowadays, since our parents have passed away.”

“I see! But, then how come she's being vulgar in this place of yours?”

“I guess it's because she doesn't feel like being all that much of her parents' daughter!”

“I guess you and I could go on a date, and then also talk about that sister of yours! I fancy a man who doesn't care to say to himself that his sister can't be pertaining to vulgarity!”

The neighbor looked at her, then said: “I guess you and I could date, but then I want that to be a day when I'm sure my sister wouldn't be here and that her colleagues too, preferably, don't show up. You see, I don't feel like letting my sister get to know who I'm acquainted to in this neighbourhood!”

“Okay!” Sheila answered. “But what time do you feel that could be?”

“Oh, let's see. I guess Saturday two weeks from now would be okay! I'll arrange for a restaurant to have a table ready for us then!”

“Fine! ... Oh, by the way, what's your name?”

“Charlie!”

On the proposed Saturday, Sheila and Charlie shared a cab to a fancy restaurant in the neighbourhood. They went inside and a waitress showed them their table.

Sheila looked at her neighbor. She looked at his eyes. She felt she could see in them, now, that the eyes she looked at reflected something of being clever at seeming reputable. “I fancy a man who doesn't seem to care if he isn't seen as the neighbourhood's fanciest person! I mean you don't have to pretend for me to be the fancy kind of a guy! ...”

“Then how come they don't feel that I shouldn't be the kind of fellow to invite them for dinner, to a place that doesn't seem fitting for the low and kittle or so?!”

“They? What do you mean they?!”

“I mean by the 'they' the ones who seem to fit in here in this neighbourhood!”

“Oh, Charlie! I fancy you for being the kind of guy who doesn't care if he doesn't fit in here! I find you attractive as the type of fellow to whom it doesn't matter when one says to oneself that one wants to be enthusiastic over pretension that doesn't fit in - but which still is in place, somehow! I mean like for that sister of yours!”

“I suppose you would like my sister to come with us, say on the next date?”

“Oh! Well! I'm not that fond of thinking about her as a good woman to be speaking to, nor having some kind of business with! What I mean is that the way you treat her seems to indicate that they could go to hell with their speeches about how things are supposed to be and so!”

“I follow that they can seem to go there without seeming to be into the business of finding the clue to hell that they fancy is there in exactly her behaviors and that she would thereby seem to be the kind of woman who tends to fake that she is so free that she can't understand that they consider her a lowlife even without even speaking to her! Right?”

Sheila sat still and thought about it. “Yeah, I guess,” she said after a while. “I find it to be that they don't feel free and thereby want to label those who are seemingly freer as bastards or so!”

“I guess they thereby should be seen as those who aren't actually as respectable as it may seem, those fellows! I guess that you, just as I, can view them as being of apparent good nature and thereby, even so, not of actual care for each individual in each circumstance - or something like that!?”

She sighed. “I guess, Charlie,” she answered, “that they can't find themselves to be low too, since they want to spite the decadence or something of those that they define as such!”

“I say, you and I should have a talk about this in the circumstances where those people can here us! How about we make another date, for us two to talk to them and then hear they have to say themselves?”

“I guess we both could deal with them as such!” Sheila said. “I suppose you and I can have a date, and then one more, where we can really talk to those people!”


With that they decided that she should go there with Charlie, and thereby Sheila without knowing it started to defend prostitution in her new neighborhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment